Friday, June 17, 2016

Stage 28- Post camino...Spain to Italy

I have discovered that, important as self-discipline is to a child, it is increasingly important as one grows older. Then it is really essential for your well-being to regulate your life and habits in a sensible way. — Eleanor Roosevelt

I left Santiago this afternoon and flew to Bergamo, Italy.  I'll be in Italy for about 36 hours before flying home from Milan Sunday morning.  It was strange not walking long distances today, and sitting on a plane for two and a half hours.  I felt like a bit of a slacker today after only walking about 12,000 steps!! 

 I did have a laid back kind of morning, and I used the time to wash clothes, throw out some unwanted items, and get my bag packed for Italy.  I went to the market and bakery in Spain one last time, walked around the city Cathedral, and then caught a bus to the airport.  

I checked into my B&B in Bergamo and was given 4 keys...for 4 different doors to get into my building and room.  4 keys for one dwelling is a personal travel record for me.  I feel like I'm staying in Ft. Knox!!

  After spending so much energy on the key system, I decided I needed nourishment in the form of carbohydrates.  After all, I am in Italy.  I found a great little Trattoria about 300 meters down the street from my place, so I decided to give it a go.  I had the caprese salad, buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil, and tomatoes lightly doused with extra virgin olive oil.  My server also threw in a piece of highly recommended bordala...a sculpted block of mozzarella filled with cream.  As Emerill Lagasse might say, it was simply BAM!!  For the main course, I had the homemade pasta with cream and porcini mushrooms.  It was amazing.  I might need to start the Camino over again after what I ate tonight.  

Here are a few pics from today.









Lights out.

5 comments:

sym said...

Just seeing the pictures now. Your meal sounds and looks delicious. I'd say it is well earned lol. Safe travels back to the states!

dianek66 said...

Prayers for safe travels and thrilled for you that you completed this journey.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much! Clat Exam Preparation in Agra
CLAT Classes in Agra

Guillaume Smith said...

The article gives me a lot of interesting information. I still often share life experiences with friends. And I enjoyed the convenience
English Teaching Jobs In Thailand
Teaching English In Chiang Mai

Ufa88kh said...


Thank you for providing us such useful information. i also had research on
wordpress
ufa88kh.blogspot
youtube
Slots