Saturday, June 4, 2016

Stage 15- Carrion de los Condes to San Nicholas del Real Camino

"Success is determined by the glands.
Sweat glands."
- Zig Ziglar

I walked from Carrion de los Condes to San Nicholas del Real Camino today, covering 32.8 km, 20.4 miles, and 44,013 steps.  I started off around 6:45 and didn't reach the first town, some 18 km later until around 11:30 am.  The terrain was relatively flat today and nothing really stood out along the way.  The book describes this stage of the Camino as being featureless, and I would have to agree.

I walked alone for most of the day, but did spend about an hour walking with Frank from Stuttgart, Germany and Brenda, a retiree from Ireland who now lives full time in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.  I checked into my alburgue around 4pm, and then had some dinner with Antonio from Milan, Italy.  I continue to enjoy the experience of meeting so many people from around the world, even if I often can't understand half of what they're saying!!

Less pics today due to the less inspiring terrain.






Lights out.

No comments: