Thursday, June 2, 2016

Stage 13- Hontanas to Boadilla del Camino

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask.  Act!  Action will delineate and define who you are." 
- Thomas Jefferson

During stage 13 of the Camino, I walked 28.8 km, 18 miles, and 44,021 steps from Hontanas to Boadilla del Camino.  It was another beautiful day with crisp temps in the early morning and dry heat in the afternoon, all under a deep blue sky.  My British roommates set off about 6:30 this morning, and I got out of the alburgue around 7, mainly because I had a lot of doctoring to do on my feet this morning.  The first 10km was mostly flat today, and there were some beautiful wildflowers in the open meadows along the trail.  After stopping for a breakfast bocadillo (sandwich) with queso (cheese) and tomato, I downed my cafe con leche and headed out to face one of the steeper climbs I've encountered in a few days.  Most of the Meseta has been relatively flat, so it was nice to get climbing again.  I walked most of the rest of the day except for a short lunch stop for some pasta, and several water breaks along the way.  I rolled into the alburgue around 5, and just so happened to choose the same alburgue as my British mates.  We shared some dinner together and met a guy from Mexico, who had just started his Camino in Burgos a few days before.  He was walking the Camino to celebrate his 50th birthday.  

Here are some pics from my day on the Camino.










Lights out.

4 comments:

sym said...

You're going to owe your feet some serious attention when you hit the states. Lol. I don't imagine there is any real relief to be had when you are on them so long daily.

George said...

Persevere

Eric Slivoskey said...

Shaina, thanks, I'm hanging in there. I think a podiatrist would make a lot of money on this trail!

dianek66 said...

Okay. These pics and your journey is making me want to do this walk. My husband is all in too. You are a bad influence coach Eric 🙂