Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Stage 26- Melide to Pedrouzo

Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds.  See the world.  It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.
- Ray Bradbury 

Today I walked from Melide to Pedrouzo covering 33.9 km, 21 miles, and 48,601 steps.  All the dry weather that I experienced during my first 3 weeks on the Camino has vanished.  Over the past 3 days, I have experienced the wrath of the Galician weather.  Today was very cold and rainy.  So far, I would sum Galicia up in 3 words.   COLD-RAIN-FOREST...sort of like Seattle on steroids.  The trails were very slick and hazardous again today, so I had to really slow my pace down, especially on the descents.

For the first time today, I really found myself wanting to be done.  Aside from hiking in soaking wet shoes all day, my feet are hanging in there.  My back has started to ache over the past 3-4 days, and my body is feeling the effects of 26 consecutive days of walking 8-10 hours a day.  I'm worn, but hopefully a bit wiser as well.  I learn lessons out here everyday, and I'm very grateful for that.

If all goes well, I will set off in the morning and try and complete my final leg of the Camino.  Santiago awaits me!!  It is only 20 km away.  The trail continues to get busier as I close in on the destination city.  Most places were full again in the town where I'm staying tonight.  Santiago will be even busier, so I've already reserved a room there for tomorrow night.   It is time to sleep a few hours before I set off.

Here are some pics from the last few stages.



















Lights out. 

7 comments:

sym said...

Amazing that you will reach Santiago tomorrow Eric! I'm sure your body will rejoice. :) I hope your final leg is a good one.

Mom said...

It's going to be strange when your journey comes to an end. We've grown accustomed to following your days and your steps. Miss you LOTS!

Abram Cutter said...

Nice article very great information you shared with us. I am also sharing my work experience in my blog How to use google play gift card generator

loda lasan said...

Oh! What a brilliant job you’ve accomplished here. All the facts on this topic are available in this post. I have not read any article up till now that tells every little fact about a certain topic. I have some related topic which is Autoclicker

Andre said...

Excellent and decent post, I found this very informative. I’m really impressed by the information you have on this site. I also have something for you. you can visit here

DESMUME said...

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. I also have something for you. you can visit here
visit here

online desmume said...

It is a nice and useful piece of information. I am satisfied that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this.
Thank you for sharing. I would like to refer to our blog about DeSmuMe. a little software we created that could produce some interesting and
surprising results - especially for some of you guys. so you can visit it.