Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting ready to go

Today was a very busy day as I wrapped up my teaching responsibilities for the week, finished my midterm grades, and tried to pull all of my travel info. and itineraries together for the next 10 days. I've spent the last couple of evenings at the gym with the kids playing some basketball and teaching them some passing routes. My 9 year old daughter now understands how to run an effective flag route and she is very proud of that accomplishment!! Tonight was family game night at the Slivoskey household, so we spent about 45 minutes playing their favorite game Cranium. The game requires one to utilize his or her artistic creative side, and my kids enjoy witnessing their father's futile efforts to make objects with clay or draw various clues for the game!!
It is nearly 2am now and I received word earlier this evening that my first flight has already been cancelled. I won't be flying to Boston after all. I will now be flying out of Aberdeen tomorrow afternoon and then direct from Minneapolis to Amsterdam. The weather here is supposed to get rough, so I may have some trouble getting out of the midwest. I am going to attempt to do some posts while I'm on the road, and also get plenty of pictures up on the blog site. I look forward to meeting my new players and the staff and coaches of the Seinajoki Crocodiles. The only negative of the trip for me is not seeing my family for 10 days. The kids have really grown to love traveling and they seem a bit disappointed that they are not going along. Well, I am going to sign off for now. It is nearly morning and I still have some packing to do. Lights out.

No comments: