Sunday, May 29, 2016

Stage 8- LoGrono to Najera

"Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, and far enough ahead to motivate them."
- John Maxwell

During stage 8 of the Camino, I walked 28.9 km, 18 miles, and 40, 186 steps.  The terrain was relatively flat today, and the weather was mostly cool with some scattered showers in the afternoon.  Much of the walk today was along a path adjacent to an interstate.  I had a great stay at a hostal for 30 euros, and it was so nice to have a hot shower and get a good nights sleep.  I really struggled with doing 3 long days in a row, but I was able to find the energy and strength to make it.  In order to make it to Santiago by the 17th of June, I'm going to have to increase my daily progress by about 8 km per day.  Hopefully, my body (especially my feet) will be able to endure the additional load.

Enjoy the pics.






Lights out.

5 comments:

sym said...

i can only imagine how sore your feet must be already Eric. 🙏🏻

George said...

You're doing good!

ONE MORE STEP!

Lauralee said...

El Pajaro Hostal Restaurante in Villafranca

Eric Slivoskey said...

Pontus, the tape I brought has come in handy, and most days I do the double sock thing. Sometimes I do have to remove the sock later in the day because my feet often swell, especially on the 35km or longer days. You really should do this if you get the opportunity. I do wish I would have packed some sock liners, and used a shoe that is essentially a hybrid between a hiking boot and tennis shoe.

dianek66 said...

So beautiful! Thx for sharing your journey!