Monday, May 30, 2016

Stage 10- Granon to Villafranca


“I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve (or save) the world and a desire to enjoy (or savor) the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.” 

- E.B. White



Today was my 10th day of walking on the Camino, and I'm beginning to feel more like a veteran as each day goes by.  My body still aches, especially my feet, but I do feel like I'm adapting to the physical demands of this long walk.  Everybody out here has some type of ache or pain, and it sort of bonds us all together.  There is a lot of talk about foot care, blisters, and how to keep yourself going through these long days on the trail.  Today, I covered 17.3 miles, 27.7 km, and 37,889 steps.  It was a fine day to walk with cool temps in the high 50's.  We made our way through mountain meadows, grasslands, and quaint little villages.  Spain is such a beautiful country.

 I've met so many fine people along the way, and one of them is Lauralee.  She has been a great companion to have on the Camino, and we've traveled at the same pace over the last 6 days on the trail.  We encourage each other along the way, and share about our life experiences, family, and friends back home.  She is such a kind, intelligent, and open minded person.  Lauralee will be meeting up with some friends in Burgos in a few days, and I'll be picking up my pace, so Wednesday will likely be the last day that I'll be walking with her.

Enjoy the pics from stages 9 & 10.







Lights out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are fulfilling this dream on your bucket list. Stay safe and enjoy the walk

rufusbartimaeus said...

Remember the panty hose trick to prevent blisters - under the socks?

Eric Slivoskey said...

Thanks Pastor Ron. I'm enjoying it thus far except for the foot pain. I have met some amazing people on the road. I even met a Syrian man whom I prayed with right in the middle of Pamplona.

Eric Slivoskey said...

Rufusbartimaeus I might have to try the panty hose thing. I actually remember reading about that somewhere along the line when preparing for the Camino.