Monday, September 14, 2009

Down Memory Lane

It has been a busy few days since I arrived back in Maryland. We are working on getting things moved and organized here at our new home in Havre De Grace. All of the mundane, yet necessary tasks have to be completed like changing over all our insurance, getting new drivers licenses, changing vehicle registrations, etc... I should be an expert at all of these kinds of things by now, but I definitely don't look forward to spending my free time at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles!
It was an exciting week of football as the NFL kicked off its season and the college teams are now in full swing. I attended my son Kodie's first game on Saturday morning and that was a good time. He is really enjoying it so far. Now that I have relocated back to the east coast, I am within 4 hours driving distance of about 6-7 NFL teams and probably some 100 + college teams, not to mention all the high school programs in the area. I am planning on catching quite a few games this season. I am going to try and take Kodie and Kamryn to the Army/Navy game this year as well. I have always had admiration and respect for the way these programs approach the game and I wish more teams would take a similar approach to the way our service academies do things. They play with such passion, self discipline, and probably most importantly, a respect for their opponent and the game itself. It is so key to honor the game with the way that you play and compete and the service academies demonstrate what little is left of sportsmanship today. I plan on doing a post specifically related to this topic sometime later this week.
As for todays pictures, I came across some old photos and decided to take a short stroll down memory lane. I included a few photos of the family and some of the athletes that I had a chance to get to know and coach at Trinity. Finally, there are a few pics of our family cat "Pumpkin." Pumpkin is a cat who thinks he is a person and I would say that his personality and habits could best be described as very "Garfield like."


Family photo before Kaylin was born at Conwy Castle in Wales

Family and friends gather on the cobblestone streets of Chester, England
(The Bishop and Slivoskey Family and a friend holding Kamryn are pictured)
Kodie in Phoenix, Arizona (Christmas 2005)


Kamryn and Kodie playing in a meadow in the Bavarian Alps (Farchant, Germany spring 2006)



At Dome Day 2005-- Minneapolis, Minnesota


Kamryn and I swimming in the crystal clear glacier fed Lake Eibsee in southern Germany ( I actually had the chance to swim the whole way across this lake, but not sure I could repeat that feat.)



Former TBC QB- Dusty Hess (The best Hoosier I know and a real good friend too.)


Mikey Moss in the long hair days-- Mikey is a fellow world traveler who I share many interests with and a close friend too. Go Razorbacks!



Not sure what got into me here. ( Kind of look like Spongebob)




Brandon Strong- Close friend of mine who loyally stood with me during all the tough times at TBC-- I don't hold it against him that baseball is his favorite sport.



Scott Rasmussen- A real warrior and a great football player with amazing versatility
Scott probably played every position for us except corner during his career at TBC.
I miss our late talks in the office till 2am and the bacon chicken ranch pizzas that Scott created.


Kodie in Innsbruck, Austria-- summer of 2006


Pumpkin is a diehard Steelers fan like me.



Here he is again in his favorite sitting position. --He will sometimes sit like this for an hour or so without moving.



This is him in the skinny days. He is a bit more round now.
Lights out.














7 comments:

Mikey said...

Who was the guy taking that pic in Chester, UK???? that's what I thought lets jus forget about the lowly cameraman... haha Glad you are home safe and that's right GO RAZORBACKS!!!

Mikey said...

Oh yeah I have a new post and am fully prepared to keep it up this time haha so check it out... oh if you get a chance give my a call sometime

Dusty 6'6'' 250 said...

are sure scott didn't play corner? that boy was all over the place...

Mikey said...

hess don't change the subject! and yeah I so didn't take that pic either... dang I thought that pic in chester was from when I was there... sorry haha

Dusty 6'6'' 250 said...

i have to change the subject moss...good grief did you see the pic of you and the hair all over the place...fritzin cut it!!

Mikey said...

hahaha shut it hess! I DID!!! Y don't you just back off ok! you've always been jealous of my hair, I couldn't help the way elise looked at me then... it wasn't my fault!

Dusty 6'6'' 250 said...

bull hockey moss...she told me she would never date a man that looks like bozo the clown...besides, take the gardening gloves off and put some batting gloves on!