Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Almost Homeward Bound

I figured I would post more about my adventures in Poland when I return home and then I will post the pictures from the journey as well. I have been back in Finland for about 24 hours now, and my focus has been cleaning, laundry, finishing my packing and saying goodbye to all the players and management. It is sort of bittersweet to leave. I miss home and my family tremendously right now, but I know I am going to miss the people I have met and the lifestyle we lived here in Finland. It really has been a life changing summer. The season ended with such disappointment, but I have let go of it for the most part. I am now looking towards the things that await me at home as well as the real possibility of coming back here again next season. I won't make any decisions quickly, but I would like to finish what we started here. It has been fun doing the blog and I plan on continuing it once I get back to the states. Thanks to all of you who listen to my ramblings and share in my experiences with me. I will be getting on the train to head back to Helsinki in a few hours and the long trip home will begin. It is amazing some of the familiar things you crave when you go so far away from home. I was listening to our English players talk last night about eating a proper Sunday dinner back in Britain, which is generally roast beef, potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, carrots, and something green. I have decided that my first stop will be to head to Texas Roadhouse for a sirloin steak, sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar, some of their warm rolls with honey butter and (last but not least), about a gallon of sweet tea to drink. Well, maybe not quite that much! Next time I check in should be from the good ol U.S.A.

Lights out.

4 comments:

Estalita said...

We can't wait to see you again. Have a safe trip home and have a Roadhouse roll for me. Do I need to call and warn them that you and Dusty are on your way????

Mikey said...

haha I was was about to be fightin mad when I saw "the first thing i'm going to do is go to Texas..." you better be glad u followed it up with "roadhouse grill" :) have a safe trip home!

Dusty 6'6'' 250 said...

moss ain't no one going to arkansas on there way back to the states...get over it :) back to texas roadhouse, coach we are going and we ain't leaving until i eat 7-8 rolls...i can't wait. we may not talk while eating, we can't talk on the way home...haha see ya tomorrow...

Mikey said...

Hess you jus back off!!! Don't even act like anyone "wants" to go to north dakota either... He is only going there because of some boxes in a storage unit, a resturant and a couple of ppl... and since I fall short in all three of those areas I lose out... dang!