Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back In the U.S.

I am back in the states now after a long few days of travel. I got back into North Dakota on Wednesday evening and my first stop was indeed the Texas Roadhouse restaurant in Fargo, North Dakota. I had a superb steak dinner and some sweet tea to go along with the meal. I have been busy over the past couple of days loading up the Uhaul from our storage unit in Ellendale and working to get my classes sorted out at the college. I will be a part-time adjunct instructor for Trinity this fall, so this will allow me to teach a few classes in the Physical Education Dept. and stay connected to the teaching profession. My time here in North Dakota has also given me an opportunity to catch up with some friends, former players, and colleagues that I use to work with here at the college. Trinity football takes on UM Morris today, so it will be a special treat to watch the Lions play some ball. I have many fond memories of my 6 years here at TBC, but I am excited to get home to start our new lives in Maryland.
My son Kodie takes the field again today for his 2nd game of the year. Kodie started at running back and middle linebacker during his first game and he has been moving around to a few different positions. He has even played some center. He seems to be enjoying his first season of football. I can't wait to watch him play next weekend. I miss my girls too and it will be nice to see them and spend some time together.
My long drive home starts tomorrow, but I will try and check in a few times during the journey.
Lights out.

No comments: