Friday, May 7, 2010

Eve of the Nokia Scrimmage

I finished up with practice this evening around 8pm and then walked around town for about an hour before returning to the apartment. On the way out for my walk, I decided to snap a few pictures of the apartment/area where I am currently living. It is less than half a mile from where we stayed last summer.

We have our first scrimmage tomorrow evening against a team from Nokia. This is the same town that is known globally for its Finnish cellular brand namesake. I don't know much about the team coming in here tomorrow. They are a lower division team, but I am expecting a very tough and competitive group of players to arrive for the game. We are missing some of our key guys and our practices have been less than stellar over the past few days. Our defense is making some nice strides, but our offense is having a lot of mental breakdowns. We have a lot of work to do and improvements that need to be made before our Maple League schedule begins in two weeks. We open the season on May 22nd at home vs. the Helsinki Roosters. The Roosters knocked us out of the semifinals of the playoffs last season on a long scoring pass with less than 10 seconds left to play in the game. They look to be very tough again this season. Speaking of Roosters, check this bird out!


Took this photo right out behind my apartment


Here is the front of my apartment-- I dwell on the 3rd floor



View from my window


my room is the top floor on the right


the path I take to walk to the practice field


thin crispy crust, cloves of garlic, chicken, feta cheese--Sofram Pizza is out of this world.

Lights out.

No comments: