Monday, June 1, 2009

A Second Tough Loss

On Saturday, we took on the Border Knights from eastern Finland. We lost the game 30-21 and fell to 0-2. We played very uninspired defense and didn't do the things that were strengths for us in the first game. For instance, we didn't tackle well or contain the QB. One of our import players from the states (Eric Snyder) played sparingly due to a broken ankle, so that affected us as well. We dug ourseleves a deep hole in the first half as the halftime score was 24-7. We battled back early in the 3rd quarter, but couldn't sustain our rally. Things don't get any easier for us this weekend when we travel to Helsinki to take on the Wolverines. After the game this upcoming weekend, we won't play again until late June. During that time, I will have about a week off to get out of town for a bit. I will be taking Estalita and the kids to do some traveling throughout Scandinavia.
I have been a little slow to post on the blog over the past few days because I haven't been feeling very well. I am not sure what is wrong, but my body is full of aches and pains. I am hopeful that I can gain some strength back tomorrow. Our friend Mikey is taking the night train up to Rovaniemi which is located on the edge of the Arctic Circle. He plans to do some touring up north and maybe catch another train down to Helsinki before returning on Thursday. We are planning on going over to Estonia for the day with Mikey next Monday. He is then scheduled to fly back to the states on Tuesday. Tomorrow marks one month since my arrival in Finland. It has been a good experience, but there has been no shortage of adversity.

Lights out

2 comments:

Dusty 6'6'' 250 said...

Coach I love ya man...keep your head up and keep battling! I'll be praying for the aches and pains to go away. Miss you guys and tell everyone I said hi...

Eric Slivoskey said...

Dusty,

Thanks for the encouragement. We are going to keep battling and working hard. I am feeling much better now too. I think I picked up some food poisoning. Talk to you soon,

Slivo