Thursday, January 26, 2012

India 7- Eric 0

I have been unable to find the energy to update the blog over the past 3-4 days due to coming down with something here in India. We flew from Mumbai to Chennai on Saturday, and things were going ok here for the first few days. After practice on Tuesday, I started to feel weak and very achy. I believe this is probably when my fever started. By Wednesday morning, I had to really tough it out just to finish the morning practice. Since Wednesday morning, I've been literally confined to my bed where I have been burning with an intense fever. A doctor was called to my hotel room last night to examine me. I have less joint pain and aching today, but my persistent fever and shivering has made for a very miserable few days. I am doubtful that its malaria because I am taking pills to prevent this, but it feels like a really nasty virus has attacked my body. I am hopeful that I can return to health very soon and resume my coaching duties. We are scheduled to fly to Pune on Sunday, so the next few days will be crucial for me to get well before getting on an airplane again.

Lights out.

2 comments:

Uncle Richard said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Thinking of you. Richard Slivoskey

Mikey said...

Hey man get to feeling better soon!