Friday, April 30, 2010

T minus 40 hours

Well, the time has nearly come. In less than two days, I will be making my way back to Finland for my second season of coaching American football in Europe. I am returning to the Seinajoki Crocodiles and look forward to reuniting with all the veteran players and meeting an exciting core of new players. Hopefully, the volcano in Iceland has calmed down for the time being and things will go smoothly on the way over.

It looks as if we'll be staying in a familiar setting in the city center of Seinajoki. It is a great location with convenient access to shopping, parks, walking trails, and of course our favorite pizza place--- Sofram!

It will be nice to get back into a regular coaching routine, but I know I'll be counting the days until Estalita and the kids can leave to join me in Finland. I will hit the ground running again this season as our first practice begins on Tuesday and then our first scrimmage is scheduled for just four days later. I don't think we'll have too much in by then, but I sort of like the sense of urgency it creates.

The blog will also return in full force once I get settled in after my arrival. I hope to get back to posting several times a week and reporting on all the fun and peculiar situations we seem to get ourselves into. There will be plenty of pictures again this year on the blog, so stay tuned.

Lights out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is exciting coach. I hope it all goes well this season.