Friday, March 13, 2009

More pics from Europe

My post for today will feature some more pictures from my travels last week. This is my third and last installment of pictures from the trip. Hope you enjoy.
This is in front of my house in Ellendale. This is what it looked like the first day I tried to fly out for Amsterdam. I was stranded at the airport for 8 hours in Aberdeen, South Dakota and ultimately ended up going home because of flight cancellations. The snow was deep and the winds were 25-35 mph. Oh by the way, temps were around -25. That has been par for the course this winter in North Dakota.




Grand Place area in the center of Brussels--- Structures include a church, museum, government buildings and numerous guilds, etc....

People watching people in the Grand Place area.

Some great European architecture

Lions Head Monument at the Battle of Waterloo. I enjoyed the first part of the visit to this memorial and the battlefields where Napolean was defeated. I didn't know much about the actual battle before this visit, so it was very informative. Unfortunately, I will always associate this day with the break-in of my rental car and subsequent theft.

Here is the setting: American man driving a German car trying to speak English at Belgian police station to French speaking officers. Yikes!!

Big mess and big hassle as the rental company tried to charge me more than 700 euros (almost $1,000) for this carnage. I ended up paying less than a quarter of that, but it was still a pretty good sum.

Near the police station

One last picture of the damage
Lights out.

No comments: