Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

The rains came again today and we endured another intense bout of heavy showers. It seems to rain about 4-5 days a week here, so that has been an adjustment for us since moving here from the west. I must admit that I would gladly trade all this rain and gloom for some fresh snow. This probably sounds crazy to most people, but I am fine with snow as long as there is some sun to go with it. Of all the places we've lived, I still say Park City, Utah had the best weather. There are more than 300 days of sunshine a year. The summers are warm and dry with little humidity. The evenings are cool due to the high elevation, so summer evenings are very comfortable too.

We should encounter some clear skies tomorrow as we are off to Vegas. Estalita and I will be flying out of Philly early in the morning with a direct flight. We are meeting up with some friends and my aunt and uncle from California. We plan on catching a few shows including a concert by the country music duo Brooks and Dunn. I saw them in concert in Vegas about two years ago and it was one of the best shows ever. The show is held in a very small venue with less than a thousand seats, so there isn't a bad show in the house. This will also be our first time away from the kids for such a long time (4 days). We are a little apprehensive about this, but we know they are in good hands with my in-laws.

As far as trips to Vegas are concerned, I have lost count of how many times I have been there. Between weekend visits when we lived in Utah, stopovers on the way to Phoenix to visit Essy's parents, and driving up several times a year for supplies when we had the Aqua massage business-- I would put the count around 30-35 times. Yikes! that's a lot. You never know who you are going to run into when in Vegas. In previous trips, we have run into Donald Trump, Mike Tyson, and the rock'n'roll band KISS. Rumor has it that Tiger Woods met his latest girlfriend there. Sometimes what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas!

Lights out.

No comments: