Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Hodgepodge

This is the best title for a posting that I could think of for today. Well, it is Halloween and I am posting a variety of pictures taken over the last few weeks. My son Kodie wrapped up his football season today with a 14-0 victory. Kodie scored one of the touchdowns on about a 10 yard bubble screen pass. The weather for this mornings game was a bit miserable with cool temps. and a steady drizzle of rain. This marks four Saturdays in a row now where conditions have been rather dreary here in northeast Maryland. We have now traded in our windbreakers and snow shovels from North Dakota for some umbrellas to deal with our new surroundings. I am most likely in a minority when I say this, but I really do prefer snow over rain. I have lived in places in this country where we received more than 500 inches of snow in a year. It took some getting used to, but I still prefer that as long as there is a lot of sunshine to go along with it.
We are home this weekend after traveling the last two. We were in Pennsylvania two weekends ago to visit some family and then spent last weekend at my uncle's place in northern Virginia. I hope to get to some college football games over the last month of the season including the Army Navy game in about a month or so. I am also planning on doing some scouting to look for some guys who have the potential to play in Finland for us next summer. Hope you enjoy the pics and check out the link if you want a good laugh.


http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/B6SlQnryuxr1X3dC



Some people in life just get it! Okay, maybe I am a little biased in thinking that this is a great shirt. This guy was at Kodie's game this morning and his jersey represents the Old Steel Curtain Defensive Line of the Pittsburgh Steelers. #75 Mean Joe Greene, # 78 Dwight White, # 68 L.C. Greenwood, and #63 Ernie Holmes


This guy was definitely enthusiastic to say the least.


I thought my buddy Dusty Hess was an Eagles fan, but I am starting to wonder.


Thought this was a great costume.


The Slivoskey's are ready


Uncle Nick at his candy post


Our crazy cat Pumpkin sitting in his favorite chair--" Could somebody please pass me the remote?"


Cobblestoned streets of Old Town in Alexandria, Virginia


Uncle Richard's place in Virginia-- It is a very charming home.


The Slivoskey Trio


Kamryn and Kodie's jack'o lanterns


Uncle Richard is the master carver

The fall colors are brilliant near the clubhouse in our housing development



View at the entrance of our housing development

Lights out.

2 comments:

Dusty 6'6'' 250 said...

you haven't heard about "hess nation?" all over the world, just like red sox nation and gator nation...it's awesome with a capital A baby!!!

Mikey said...

Hess I have heard of this.