Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to Finland / I could use your vote

Estalita and I made the final decision to head back to Finland next season for another summer of adventure and football. We have been leaning this way for some time now, but wanted to give ourselves a little more time before making a final decision. There are a number of reasons why we decided to go back. The kids enjoyed being in Finland and wanted to return for an encore. The management treated us well and they've made a commitment to building another strong team for the 2010 season. The players are very coachable and worked hard to keep getting better each and every practice. Finally, I want to finish the job and help bring a championship to the Crocodiles. We have some obstacles facing us as we look towards next season, but I am drawn to the challenges that have to be met to build a successful football team.

Now, I want to switch gears a little bit. Since leaving Finland about a month ago, I have been working on getting us settled into our new house. I am teaching a few distance ed. classes and will start substitute teaching here in Harford county next week. Also, I just recently started marketing myself for some freelance writing jobs. While researching some writing opportunities, I came across a contest that I decided to enter. Here is where I need your help. Actually, I need your vote. The winner of the contest will get to host a blog and post a daily journal that deals with moods. The winner also gets a monetary stipend for 6 months and a free laptop computer. The winner will be chosen from the top 20 vote getters, so that is why I am asking for your daily vote over the next 3 weeks. Yes, that is right. You can vote for me once a day by connecting to this link ( http://www.sam-e.com/job/profile/299 ) and then follow my progress on the site as well. Just to clarify, if you read my profile on the site, you will see that I was a first year assistant coach on a college team that once lost by 105 points. Yes, that is a true story!

Lights Out!

1 comment:

Mikey said...

well does this mean if things don't work out with germany this summer that I need to divert funds to another trip to Finland :)?...