Friday, July 31, 2009

Tough few days in Seinajoki


Preparing to chow down


Hard to believe my two oldest can each polish off their own pizza


Pizza hut has nothing on Sofram's Ravintola


Bon appetit

I have spent the past few days contemplating a trip to the hospital due to pain in my leg. I have had pain reminiscent of the discomfort I felt with the blood clots that I endured over the past 16 months. Things started to seem out of sorts for me after we returned from our Lapland trip about 10 days ago. I went to the emergency room today and spent more than 3 hours waiting for a 5 minute consultation with a doctor. After a brief examination and measurement of my leg, he said that it was within 90% certainty that I have no additional clotting. I pressed him about getting an ultrasound because my symptoms and type of pain so closely resemble what I experienced with the clots I had this past year. He informed me that he was a busy man and the only doctor on staff in the hospital, so it was out the door for me. I did get a prescription for some Plavix, so I left the hospital and dished out a hundred bucks for some medication. The Plavix should help to thin my blood, but I am going to seek out an ultrasound if my condition doesn't improve soon. Needless to say, it has been a stressful week with this going on. I am just hoping that I can hang on to finish out my remaining month in Finland.
Wednesday night was our usual pizza and sauna night. We have dinner at a pizza place across the street called Sofram Ravintola. It is my new favorite pizza place. Finnish pizza is excellent for the most part, but Sofram is absolutely incredible. The crust is thin and has great texture. The pizza is on the table about 6-7 minutes after we place our order. The ingredients are fresh and the sauce is mild, but full of flavor. The kids enjoy this weekly ritual as well. This will surely be one of the things we miss about life here in Seinajoki.

Lights out.

No comments: