Friday, May 15, 2009

Gearing up for gameday

Thought I would put up a few pictures of the local landscape and some other aspects of our lives here in Finland. We are gearing up for the big game tomorrow against the Butchers. It is a Eurobowl playoff game and we are the host team. They have been preparing the stadium in preparation for the contest. Practice was very hectic today as we were sorting out all the details for the pre-game and making adjustments as to who will play due to some injuries that we have experienced on our squad. Players received their new uniforms today. You will notice all the sponsors that are included on the jerseys. We have many sponsors for our team. That is essentially how these teams exist over here in Europe in terms of operating expenses and paying out import salaries and benefits.
After practice tonight, I went out for some food with Ben and all the British import players. We had a good time at a little pizza joint across the street from where I live. The pizza there is excellent and the guys were happy with the generous portions. I have enjoyed getting to know these guys a bit more as each practice and day goes by. There is also some real talent and ability in this group when it comes to the football as well.

This is an area near my apartment that I walk through to get to the team dining facility.

The bridge we cross to get to the cafeteria.

I call this the white bomber. It is the car the team has provided for me during my stay here.

Ben is chowing down at our team cafeteria.

Some herring was on the menu on this particular day. I decided to pass on this, but I have enjoyed the salmon that was on the menu earlier this week.

The crane was in place to attach the roofing for the bleachers.


Crocodiles warming up during our Friday walkthru

Who is that long haired Texan in the middle?

New Crocodile jerseys. Umbro (top left on jersey) is a new sponsor for us

More advertisements. Amarillo has the best Mexican food in town.

No comments: