Friday, April 17, 2009

15 days and counting

It is hard to believe that my departure to Finland is less than 2 weeks away now. We had our Trinity athletic banquet last night to honor our athletes at the school. It was a bittersweet time for me. It was strange to think that this would be my last sports banquet. I will miss working with the student athletes at Trinity and watching them grow and mature both on and off the field. I will be saying good-bye to everyone over the next weeks, except for Ben Jones. Ben has been a running back here at Trinity over the past two seasons and he has signed a contract to come play running back and receiver for me in Finland with the Crocodiles. I am very excited for Ben and this wonderful opportunity. It is a dream come true for him. He has a very contagious passion for the game and is one of the toughest competitors that I have ever witnessed on the gridiron. I believe he is going to do very well for himself and our team this summer. Ben and I will be flying out together from Fargo-Chicago-Munich-Helsinki. The team management will be picking us up in Helsinki along with the other American and British players and then transporting us back to Seinajoki. We will then begin our practice routine on the day after we arrive in town.
Going to close out for now. I have to head home and prepare for my yard sale tomorrow.
I don't like going home to an empty house. I really miss Estalita, Kamryn, Kodie, and Kaylin. I am looking forward to seeing them again soon.
Lights out.

4 comments:

Estalita said...

We all really miss you too. Can't wait to see you again soon.
- Love from the rest of the Slivo clan

Mikey said...

so i know i dont even compare to your family...haha but hopefully i'll be bringing some life to the homestead next week. it's gonna be good to see ya again. and we'll have time to have one or two 3-4 hour convo's as long as hess keeps his mouth shut haha

Estalita said...

Mikey,
I'm sorry the kids and I won't be there to see you, but we're excited to catch up with you in Finland in a few weeks.
Essy

Mikey said...

I'm definately looking forward to that too Essy! Miss yall!